"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A trip to the Rainforest... Cafe that is...

The day after Christmas, Dave and I took Amerah on a new adventure.  Neither Dave, nor Amerah, nor I, had ever been to to the Rainforest Cafe, but I had heard about it years ago and it had stuck... back in the back of my mind where all good ideas swirl around and marinade until they are ready to unexpectedly pop out of my mouth.

Amerah and I really loved the ambiance... Dave wasn't too fond of the price tag...
This is the entrance... yes those are live fish!
 
 
 
 
 
 
The rest of the animals were NOT real... thank heavens!
 
 
 
Amerah gazed around in wonder most of the time we were there... her downfall was the gift shop though... a treasure trove of amazing (overpriced things)...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's hard to imagine that the day will come when SHE will be embarrassed by US ;-)

Last but not least was this amazing volcano dessert... I'm glad we didn't know how much it was before we ordered it because, at over $13 we probably would have skipped dessert!
It was definitely big enough for all of us to share though!

No comments:

Post a Comment