"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pedicures and Karate

Today I indulged in a pedicure.  Before you get too excited you should know that, although I normally love getting pedicures, I only went because my leg injury prevents me from clipping my own toenails and they were becoming talons!  I was looking forward to a nice relaxing hour at the salon, being pampered and enjoying myself. 

Too bad I didn't remember that my leg HURTS!  It hurts when it's down, it hurts when I walk, and it especially hurts when I have to have it up straight in front of me without a support under my knee.  My pedicurist (?) was very understanding and changed positions with me several times but all in all it was torture.  I will say though that my feet feel good now and my toenails look pretty :-).  When I got home the only person who noticed my pretty feet was Lily.  She sniffed them thoroughly and licked the lotion off.  Sigh.

Dave drove me to and picked me up from the salon, from there we took Amerah to karate.  She is studying Soo Bahk Do (Mu Duk Kwan) and LOVES it!  Today she was the only child in class and thus got a GREAT lesson with lots of attention and help...

Lesson one:  How to tie your belt correctly (she still struggles with that)...

 
 
 

Lesson two:  keep your balance! (Bwahahahaha)


 
 
  

And then Amerah showed him what she was made of....
 
 
 
 
 
She's a blur when it comes to attacking the bag....

 

And then it's time to relax and meditate...


Saving the best for last... I LOVE this action shot!  I wish it was centered better but do you have any idea how hard it is to photograph a moving target??? 


Sweet dreams friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment