"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Umm... just a liiiiiiittle late...

So this evening I sent Dave to the dungeon (aka the basement) to unearth my wide assortment of present wrapping paraphernalia that had somehow, not only spread out, but also seemed to have multiplied.  My mission?  To wrap and package 2 boxes of presents for my mother.  Yes I am a procrastinator... yes I am a little late... included in these boxes are her birthday presents from... cough cough... May, her mother's day present (hey, we did send her a large bouquet of fruit from Edible arrangements)... and... I am embarrassed to admit... her Christmas presents.  There I said it.  I am a terrible daughter.  Not to mention that I am her only child.  I am ashamed.

I tried to make up for it by including loose Easter grass in the box as cushioning (bwahahaha).  I'm sure you all agree that she will just LOOOOOVE that! :-)


The 7 year old from next door spent the night tonight and, to keep him and Amerah busy, I gave them all the scraps of wrapping paper, old Christmas to/from labels, and bits of ribbon from my stash (which incidentally DID get organized and consolidated). 


They made a ridiculous mess.  But had a blast doing it.  Amerah made a bunch of interesting stuff to put in HER box to Mimzy (yeah, that's what she calls my mom... she made it up herself lol). 


I wish I could see the look on my mother's face when I tell her that now the neighborhood kids are ALSO calling her Mimzy.  Bwahahaha.  I also wish that I hadn't let the kids stay up so late to finish their crafts... Clean up wasn't nearly so much fun as crafting... sigh.


On an end of the night note... Flopsy and Mopsy are doing well...


Amerah made a sign that said "In loveing mimory of Cottontail."  I took a picture of it but am choosing not to post it because it makes me sad to see it next to our poor Cottontail.



Flopsy and Mopsy are now out of the box and will hopefully enjoy the light of day tomorrow in their new cage (borrowed from our guinea pig Skunky, who is right this minute racing excitedly around her new, bigger cage).

If you're wondering where they are... they are both hiding under the multicolored fleece (which they absolutely love).

Well it's nearly one in the morning, the kids are snoozing away, the bunnies are still hiding from me under the fleece, Dave is downstairs in the living room watching a movie, and I am off to dreamland.  Sweet dreams all.

No comments:

Post a Comment