"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Silly Lily

Yesterday I took Lily to the groomers for the first time.  By myself.  Dave was at work.  Amerah was at her cousins.  Shawn was sleeping.  I thought that it was about time to try driving again anyway (I haven't been able to since I fell), so I snapped on the leash... which caused Lily to almost go mad with delight... and tried not to stumble down the front step as she dragged me to the car.

I was keeping my fingers crossed that this would be a good experience for her... she was just happy to be going for a ride in the car!  She couldn't have cared less what our final destination was!


Lily's characteristic enthusiasm carried her happily into the puppy spa...


Where she quickly made friends with her new servant Ron...


If you doubt the "happy" just check out the blur of her tail wagging!


Lily made her Mama proud by being equally friendly with the other dogs waiting to be pampered and by cooperating (for the most part) with her groomer.


When I asked if she behaved herself, Ron was quick to say that she was VERY friendly... but that she was... umm... "playful"  hahaha!  Apparently she was not thrilled by the idea of the blow drier (and who could blame her after the last time her Daddy vacuumed her with the hose attachment!) and she lay down in the tub and refused to budge.  


When I arrived to pick her up she was happy to see me but, after greeting me enthusiastically, she passed the time while I payed back behind the gate...


Going to the puppy spa is SUCH hard work! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment