"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Finally...

I finally got around to loading all of the family photos we had taken (back in June) onto the computer.  I thought I'd share a few that didn't quite make the cut...


This falls under the "what the heck was she thinking?" category.  I'll start by saying that I TOLD the "photographer" that I didn't like the urine yellow background and end with... okay I understand the concept of a father/son pic but really, have you ever seen two men look more uncomfortable? 



Even though they aren't in a place of honor on our wall, these two photos were easily my favorites.  We wanted a sibling photo and this is what came of THAT idea!  How better to display sibling love than with a little choking... Amerah's idea of course... as you can tell she was very pleased with herself... not to mention that she got a genuine smile and a laugh out of Shawn who tends to have a poker face in photos.


Hands down the best family photo!  Unfortunately Dave won't let me blow it up to poster size and display it in the living room... :-(

And now for some of the winners:

 The sibling photo we chose... for obvious reasons.  As it turns out, this is the first real photo that Shawn and Amerah have ever had taken.  I loved it from the minute I first saw it!

Our two favorite pictures of Amerah... this kid is so dang photogenic!  She rarely takes a bad photo (unlike her step-mother who rarely takes a GOOD photo!).


Another of my faves, the father daughter photo... they asked me if I wanted one of me and Amerah and I said no.  I wish I had gotten one now.  At the time I was thinking that a "mother/daughter" photo would upset Sandy (Amerah's mom).  I wish we had just done it.

The last few pictures were our contenders for family photo:

This is the one we ended up choosing.

This last pic almost was a contender but Shawn looks so small, he looks like he was photoshopped in and he's not quite life sized!


No comments:

Post a Comment