"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Monday, April 23, 2012

A trip to the Detroit Institute of Art

On March 4th, Dave and I took Amerah to the Detroit Institute of Art.  Yes, I am a little behind on my blogging... It was her first time going to an art museum (in fact the only museums she has ever been to are The Henry Ford and Earthworks!)  It was high time to broaden her horizons!
 
I was just excited to be able to go ANYWHERE!  This new wheelchair, with which I have a love/hate relationship, has at least allowed me to go places that require more walking than I am able to do.

Amerah likes The Thinker... although her knowledge of it is limited to "FIREPOWER!" courtesy of Night at the Museum.
 
 
She was enthralled... for a while... then she realized that she couldn't touch anything... and that Daddy and I are very boring because we enjoy looking at everything...
 
Amerah did get to do some drawing.  Unfortunately she is not a perfectionist, thus her interest in this activity lasted about 10 minutes during which she drew a hasty sketch of the object she chose... and expected us to proclaim it a masterpiece...
 
There were many incredible things there that caught my eye...
 
 
 
 
 
 
This painting especially interested me... perhaps because he is a distant relative...
 
It was interesting to see what captured Amerah's interest...
 
Our little "work of art" was agreeable enough to pose for some cute and silly photos outside...
 
 
Next time we hope to try the science center for a little more "hands-on" fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment