"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Nanny turns 79

On April 1st, my grandmother... whom nearly everyone knows as Nanny... turned 79. 
We had a party at my cousin Sunshine's house where we celebrated all of the April birthdays (Nanny's and my Uncle Mike's on the 1st, Uncle Rick's on the 3rd, and mine on the 8th).
 
 We teased Nanny about this picture because she looks like an excited little girl :-)  I love to see her smile like this.

Blowing out the candles...



Nanny and Uncle Rick...
Dave and my Uncle Rick have the same sense of humor... so I let Dave pick out Uncle Rick's card... good strategy...
My cousin, Angel, and her kids, Jimmy and Alexis...
 
Alexis and Amerah always have fun with Uncle Roy (well Grandpa Roy in Alexis' case)...
I was glad to see Bill!  He's an honorary uncle since he and my Uncle Rick have been good friends since they were children...
Some friendships you just never outgrow :-)
 
 
The girls had fun dressing up in Auntie Sunshine's dress up clothes...
 
 
 
Jimmy was too cool to dress up with them... :-)
Happy birthday Nanny :-)  I have been so blessed to have you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment