"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Part 2... Easter with the Jones' menagerie

Easter morning did not begin as planned.  Given the morning mayhem, I had my doubts as to how well the day was going to go...  I am happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised!  Thank heavens!

Since I knew that both Dave and I needed to get ready in the bathroom in the morning, I had Amerah shower Saturday night.  Well, apparently, Amerah was excited and woke up early.  She decided to shower.  Again.  By the time I got in the bathroom there was no hot water left, so I took a barely luke-warm shower (grrr) and got ready to go.  We barely made it to church on time and I felt frazzled and frustrated and I was hurting like crazy!  Apparently I looked exactly how I felt because THIS photo was taken... and when I first saw it, my reaction was "Holy crap!  I look as bad as I feel!"  Ugh.  Amerah isn't looking so fresh either.  We ended up leaving church early because I was hurting so much :-( 
 Good thing I took the next photo of Amerah in her Easter finery!  Much much better!
Amerah was pretty happy with her froggy Easter basket...
 
 
Then Dave had to leave for work :-(  We missed him.  We had Nanny, my Uncle Mike, and the missionaries (Elder Kelly and Elder Rollins) over for dinner and an Easter egg hunt.  Looks like everyone had a mouthful when I took the dinner photos haha!
 
 
Being an only child is difficult.  And lonely.  The missionaries were informed early on that, at the tender age of nineteen, they were still considered kids and were required to join Amerah in the Easter egg hunt.  It didn't take much convincing, especially when they found out that they could keep the contents of the eggs!  So we sent the "kids" (and the dog) out into the backyard while we hid eggs (the bunny doesn't hide the eggs because of Lily).

All the adults participated in the egg hiding business...
 
 
But I don't think that ANYONE had more FUN doing it than my Uncle!  He was a diabolical master hider!
 
 It was even more fun to watch them hunt!  It's always fun to add some big brothers to the hunt for Amerah (there's a little too much of an age difference between Amerah and Shawn)...
 
 
 
In true big brother fashion, they tried to swipe her eggs when she wasn't looking...
If I had known that my egg hiders were going to hide eggs THIS well, I might have cleaned my house a little better!
 
 
 
And... in what is becoming a Jones family tradition... we got our silly photo of the night!
We had such a fun afternoon and evening!  The only things missing were Dave and my mom... both of whom were sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment