"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lily's First Birthday

My baby turned ONE on November 18th! 
 My how she's grown!  Weighing in at 80 pounds, miss Lily Bug Jones is one hefty one year old!  On her birthday, Lily got the biggest bone we could find... which she promptly demolished...
 
She also got a toy... supposedly for "strong chewers"... well, I'll let the picture speak for itself...
Amerah was desperate to have a birthday party for Lily.  She insisted that we have a huge party and invite every dog that we know.  I love my dog.  Not that much though.  We compromised by agreeing to have Uncle Rick and Aunt Donna over for dinner, with their dog Gracie.
It went very well!  I admit I was a bit nervous.  Last time Gracie and Lily met, they were the same size and Lily overwhelmed Gracie with her exuberance while Gracie taught Lily to respect her elders.  This time they got along well and played nicely.
I know... I know... I spoil her...
 
 
 
And no... they didn't get any cupcakes... :-)

It was really nice to have Uncle Rick and Aunt Donna over...
They brought Lily a new toy, which she absolutely LOVED!  She couldn't wait for Aunt Donna to get it out of its packaging!
We sang Happy Birthday... and Amerah was tickled to be able to make Lily's wish for her and blow out the candle...
Lily had a lot of fun playing with Uncle Rick and her new toy... I might add that, tough as the toy was, she's already separated it into three pieces: the head (which she uses as a ball), the middle (a ball that no longer has any fabric around it), and the many legged bottom that she uses as a tug o' war toy... sigh...
 
 
Aunt Donna and Gracie were all smiles!
By the end of the birthday celebration, Gracie was still ready to go but Lily was all tuckered out!
Happy birthday Lily, Mama loves you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment