"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Thursday, October 6, 2011

self-confident? Or a tad dorky...

I admire my kid's lack of self-consciousness.  Really I do.  Every weekday morning I sit in the living room and watch Amerah as she stands near the bottom of our driveway, waiting for the bus.  Some days I think that she must live in her own little cocoon where she imagines that no one can see her.  Either that or she just plain doesn't care what passersby think.  I haven't decided if she is just a tad bit of a dork, or if she is super cool and brimming with self-confidence. 

Some days she makes loud animal noises.  Her favorite appears to be the caw of a crow.  This involves her stretching her neck forward and opening her mouth in as wide an oval as it will go.  She then proceeds to caw.  Loudly. 

Other days she dances.  Bizarre little dances with unique moves that I am convinced she made up.  Usually these dances are accompanied by equally odd facial expressions.

 
 
Lily finds the morning entertainment equally puzzling.  She sits by the door, engrossed in the performance...
 
 
 
And no, the next photo is NOT my child getting OFF of the school bus... it is her walking TO the school bus... backwards...
I often wonder what people think as they drive by our house.  As for us, well, Lily and I are entertained... but still thinking she just might be a bit dorky...

No comments:

Post a Comment