"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dear September:

Dear September,

You have failed me.  Two days in a row of scorching hot weather is not how I envisioned our relationship.  You were supposed to bring cool, crisp, autumn days, cozy blankets to cuddle in, hot apple cider... well I think you get the picture...

Instead we did THIS today....


Or... well... Amerah did this.  I sat outside at the picnic table until I couldn't stand the heat anymore. Altogether not so enjoyable for me.

 
 
 

Lily was very jealous and desperately wanted to go swimming too - even though she's never been so she has no idea what it it like...


Amerah won that battle...


Lily gave up and went to lie in the shade... I haven't been outside much due to my injury... I'm thinking that the grass needs to be mowed since my photos of Lily look like she's in a jungle somewhere!

 

Since Dave was working, Amerah and I had somewhat of a Girl's Night... although I didn't do her craft with her...  She came up with this idea for a tin can on her own haha...

 

Since Dave wasn't here to complain, and Shawn was sleeping, Amerah and I had a crazy dinner.  Dinner was comprised of whatever sounded good at the time :-)  So we had broccoli with cheese, raw almonds, cottage cheese, croissants with ham and cheese baked in them, olives, and blueberry muffins... yeah I know... but there WAS broccoli there!


We ended the night by reading from the Adventures of Frog and Toad and Amerah and Lily cuddled and loved on each other.


 





All in all not too bad a day.

On a side note... the bunny is getting big!

 

Sweet dreams all, it is past my bedtime...

No comments:

Post a Comment