"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Friday, October 12, 2012

1st Day of School 2012

Yikes!  I AM behind aren't I?!  I can't believe that I haven't mentioned the first day of school yet! 
I can't believe that I am the parent of a SIXTH grader!  This is a big year for Amerah, no more elementary school!  In our city, the 6th grade used to be in the elementary school.  A few years ago the powers that be decided that too many seventh graders were unprepared for middle school, so they created the Sixth Grade Academy.  It is a school that ONLY houses sixth grade and all the sixth graders from around the city go there (well, if they go to public school that is). 
They still baby them a little, but not as much as elementary school.  AND they get to adjust to having lockers and switching classes.  All in all not a bad idea!

Amerah requested cinnamon rolls for breakfast so I obliged...
 
Then Daddy took her outside for her 1st day of school photo shoot.  This is what he took... Next time I'll have to do it myself haha...
 
Dante, the boy next door, came over for a couple photos...
 
 So I sent him back out with some clearer instructions...  yeah... next year I'll do the picture taking...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Over the summer, Lily totally forgot what it was like to have Amerah go away to school... She was fascinated by the process...
 
Ahhh yes... happy first day of school baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment