"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Day at the Beach

August 15th... Dave had the day off work so we headed to the beach at Kensington Park...
First we stopped at the little water park adjacent to the beach so that Amerah and Dave could ride this mammoth water slide...
There's my girl...
 
The bigger you are the faster the slide... as Dave found out...
Then is was on to the splash pad...
Where Amerah got into a water fight with some kid...
 
 
Then Daddy ganged up on both of them hahaha...
Since that was all the water park offered, we then headed to the beach.  Kudos to Kensington Metropark for having a wheelchair accessible walkway crossing the beach and ending just a few feet from the water!  If the water had looked a little less... umm... green... I would have gone in myself!

As it was, Dave and Amerah entered cautiously...
I love that photo... Father and daughter

They had a lot of fun swimming (although Dave says the water was icky)...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Amerah hunted for shells but the beach was pretty picked over...
 
 
No stinkin' sandcastles for us... Amerah made a sand mermaid...
 
 
Terrible photo but proof that I was there...
 Last stop:  Concession stand for a snack before heading home...
I tried to get a great... smiling pic of Amerah... sigh... it took a loooooong time... and I saw way more of her tongue and the food in her mouth than I wanted haha...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Very fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment