"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Amerah's 5th Grade Graduation

Well it's official (even if this blog is a little overdue)... our little girl is now our big middle schooler! 
Sometimes I feel sad that I didn't get her earlier.  She's grown so much in the last 2 1/2 years that I feel like her childhood is passing me by.
 
 
Her elementary school really did a great job of making the kids feel special.  They hosted a wonderful graduation party for them at a local hall, complete with dinner, a D.J., and dancing!
We made sure to get a photo with her awesome principal, Mrs. Massussi (I might be spelling that wrong though haha).
And her 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Smith, who Amerah loves and sucks up to big time.
Mrs. Smith was game enough to get out on the floor and dance with the kids...
Daddy made sure he would be there...
And Sandy was there, with her husband Scott...
Why is it always in hindsight that I realize that, since I was the one wielding the camera, I'm not in ANY of the photos?!  I WAS there too of course!

It was fun to see the kids all dressed up!  So used to seeing these girls in jeans, sweats, and ponytails!  These are two of Amerah's oldest friends, Jessie and Jennifer...
 
 
And a pic of Amerah with one of her best friends, Sierra... who looks like she's 16 and dresses like it too... yikes!  I just keep telling myself that I can't pick her friends for her...
After dinner, they handed out awards and graduation certificates...
 
 
And then they danced... and danced... and danced...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Amerah and her classmates had a blast!  And now, as we start a new chapter, she is going forward with some nervousness and a lot of excitement... we'll see what's in store next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment