"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Monday, July 30, 2012

Dave's Birthday 2012

Dave turned 57 on July 25, 2012... we had a low key evening at home to celebrate.

It's hard to plan a party for my husband, he is on call 24/7 so the only way to have a birthday party for him is to have him actually request the day off work.  This year we're a little behind so he wanted to take whatever work he could get... thus no planned party.
Amerah made him this sign for his birthday... he doesn't look too happy holding it, does he? Hahaha

I did, however, make chili for his birthday dinner (it tasted a lot better than it looks :-)
And I baked him a cake.  We had a pretty good laugh over the cake!  I was baking it late, the night before his birthday, and I asked Shawn to pop the two layers into the oven for me.  Well both pans would not fit on the top rack (because I have a ridiculously small oven), so Shawn put one on the rack below.  I didn't check to see how close the racks were to each other and Shawn didn't think about it either, he just popped them in...  This was the result...
I opened up the oven and, after the initial shock, began to laugh.  good thing I needed to slice off the top of that layer to make it flat anyway!
I'm no cake decorator... my sister-in-law Kathy is amazing and I'm embarrassed to even post photos of mine...  But I did my best, it tasted good, and my husband was happy... that's all that counts!
 
He tried to blow out the candles in slow motion so that I could get a good photo... hmmm... not sure if that worked...
 
  
Then it was present opening time... and cute birthday pics with the "kids"
 
 
 
 Big surprise... the party ended with Dave leaving for work.  Lily was pretty sure that she was supposed to go with him and tried her best to get her leash...
What a great husband I have!  If I could, I would throw him the party that he deserves every year...  As it was, I hope that he felt special and loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment