"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Saturday, June 23, 2012

St. Patrick's Day 2012

Just a little blurb about St. Patrick's Day...  It's become tradition to have my grandmother over for St. Paddy's Day dinner... this year we added my Uncle Mike and cousin Chris to the evening...

Thanks to my obsession with Pinterest... yes... yes I DID make a rainbow out of fruit!  Complete with a pot of gold at the end and marshmallow clouds.
 We had the standard St. Patrick's Day corned beef and cabbage, with potatoes and other veggies (which, aside from the potatoes, my Irish friends assure me is NOT a traditional St. Paddy's Day feast lol), topped off with a grasshopper pie... simply for its greenness rather than any link to Ireland...
 
 
 
 
I was glad to have Dave home on a holiday for once...
 
Best of all, my cousin Nikki was in town from Florida and she and her mom Dena came over for some corned beef and cabbage...
 
 
Even Lily got all groomed up and wore green hair bows :-)
 
 
It was a very nice evening... and if you are super observant and noticed that there was still Christmas greenery on my mantle... you would be correct.  It took my a looooooong time to undeck the halls this year because of my leg problems.  Sigh... one of these months I might even get that Christmas tree down ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment