"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Monday, February 6, 2012

A February afternoon at the park

It's been such a mild winter this year!  We had a sunny day and Dave and I couldn't resist taking Amerah and Lily to the park...
 
Amerah was excited to find a feather and a cattail... she couldn't wait to show me!
 
Dave took Amerah and Lily for a walk around the park...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
While they were walking around the park, I watched a duck preening itself on the banks of the pond, valiantly attempting to get every last drop of water out of it's feathers...
 
 
After a lengthy preening session, Lily was thoughtful enough to chase the duck back into the pond...
 
Finally, we were just too cold to stay any longer (although Amerah insisted that her red nose was because she had been running haha...
 
 
 
Amerah begged and so we stopped and let her play on the swings for a minute while we sat in the nice toasty van and waited.  We were happy with that arrangement.  Lily was NOT.

I tried to take photos while she was swinging but they turned out terrible!  I did get some sweet blurs though :-)
 
 
 
The last one is my favorite.  Very modernistic...  I'm thinking of framing it... umm... just kidding ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment