"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cousin Gabrielle's birthday party

On May 6th was Dave's niece, Gabrielle's, 8th birthday party.  We were very lucky that Dave had the weekend off so we could go, both to visit my friend Maggie on the 5th and to Gabrielle's party on the 6th.  Unfortunately, my legs won't allow me to drive that far on my own so we were praying that Dave wouldn't have to work.

Miss Gabrielle was the belle of the ball...
The theme was Monster High and, once again, my ridiculously talented sister-in-law, Kathy, made a gorgeous cake!
 
  
And, per Jones family tradition... we got pics of the kids around the cake...
 
 Then it was time for presents...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Of course the kids had a lot of fun playing... it was a beautiful day - not too hot, not too cold!
 
 
 
 
Since Amerah and Luke often butt heads, I was really happy to see them playing together and helping each other...
 
 
The adults had fun too... 
 
 My adorable nephew, Paul, was kind enough to actually WEAR the balloon hat that Amerah made for him :-)
 
 
My other, equally adorable nephew, Lance, is getting ready to head out for another 6 month (I believe) stint singing on a cruise ship!
 
My handsome nephew Luke...
Cousins... Gabrielle is also wearing a hat that Amerah made... As a matter of fact, Gabrielle LOVED this hat!  It makes me laugh, I'll be sure to hold onto this picture for their high school graduations...
The beautiful birthday girl...
 
 
What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment